Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Lord Levi Truelove

Well, I just received my second round of immunizations, and I am staring at my arm to see if I have any reaction to this TB skin test. I could be waiting for quite some time. :o) Tuesdays seem to be good days to post, as the whole campus shuts down in the afternoon so everyone can receive their shots. Instead of painting faces, today we are making balloon animals for the kids. I think some of the adults like them too.

As far as my training goes, I have been learning so much. We are now in to the full swing of things, and I have been busy. I spent this past weekend trying to get caught up on a lot of reading and work assignments, but there is still tons to do. I have really been into Scripture a lot, and I am enjoying the process of becoming more and more familiar with God's Word. Last night I was in Acts when I thought of a verse in Proverbs, but I couldn't remember the exact reference. I ended up reading almost the entire book of Proverbs, which is some great stuff. I didn't get much sleep, but today I feel like I have a lot more wisdom. :o)

We had several sessions last week on Spiritual Warfare. That was very beneficial, and as missionaries, we are pretty much guaranteed our share of battles. The sessions were taught by the president of our missionary board, and he not only provided a lot of experiences and stories, but also gave so many encouraging and enlightening Biblical passages to study and turn to when we are facing these situations on the field.

We have also been having sessions on the New Testament church, and the Biblical way to do missions. It is awesome to study and learn the same techniques that the apostles used to spread the message of Jesus Christ around the world. I am so encouraged by the fact that everything we are learning is backed up by the Word of God. We are also being taught how to personalize the Gospel and how to make our ministry culturally effective, and have opportunities to practice these methods.

As you can tell, I am learning quite a bit, but I have also made plenty of time for fun. I have been playing soccer, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, and running. Last night, myself and three other guys joined about 40 of the ladies for some aerobics. It was a challenging workout, and I am a little sore today. Last Friday night, I organized about 25 kids and adults and we played two games of Capture the Flag. I painted everyone's face with eye-black, and we went running around in the dark for the better part of three hours. It was a blast, and the kids haven't stopped asking me when we are going to play again. On Saturday, we are going to have a volleyball tournament, and I am really looking forward to that as well.

Another extracurricular activity that is worth mentioning is the little adventure I had on Sunday night with a few buddies. Here on campus, there is a legend about a special hidden room, which people from every session try to find. Well, Sunday night we found it, and from what we can tell, we were the first from this group. I really can't write more here, but if you want the full story, shoot me an email.

Well, I am going to go make some balloon animals. Please continue to pray for me as I prepare to take the love of Jesus Christ to Monterrey, Mexico.

Dios les bendiga,

Josh

P.S. The title of this post is the "Pirate Name" that I took last night when prompted by a slap-happy cohort and a mysterious instruction sheet.

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know the reason the secret, special, hidden room is secret, special, and hidden is because it's supposed to be be secret, special and hidden...

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for finding the Journeyman Room!! It was so fun to actually find it when I was there- we went on many many adventures and finally found it... signed our names and took lots of pictures. And of course explored more areas. I am glad to hear about you alls adventures there- I know how wonderful Orientation is... I am praying for you all there.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is kinda weird. My name is actually Levi Truelove and your blog came up when I Googled my name. Just thought it might be something interesting.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you share some little hints about the JMAN room?? We are here at FPO and are trying to carry on the tradition. Can you help us? If you can, please respond and we will be in touch! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home