Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Immune

Well, today was our first round of immunization shots. The nurses did a great job and I couldn't even feel any of them. It was actually a really fun afternoon, because I was working the childcare booth, painting faces and giving out candy as the kids came out after their shots. I also got my face painted, and since I haven't washed it off, I am sitting in Panera bread looking like a western Pacific warrior. My face is covered with black on blue lines, four red dots, and a big blue cross on my nose. I also have a large cross on my left forearm and an Icthus on my left. Talk about good times.

I drove into town tonight with a couple of missionary friends to eat and study for awhile at Panera Bread. The campus where we are doing orientation is pretty isolated, but it is only a 15 minute drive from a large mall area, where there is everything from Wal-Mart to Cheesecake Factory. We had dessert from there the other night, and are planning on going for dinner next week to celebrate one of the girl's birthdays. Anyway, I have already made two trips to Wal-Mart, and I am really glad that the have one in Monterrey, Mexico.

Right now I am in the middle of the seventh chapter of Acts. We have been doing a pretty in-depth study of Acts, and I am getting a lot out of it. Our goal as missionaries is to plant New Testament churches among indigenous believers, and I am learning so much about the New Testament church. I have read all of this before, but it is amazing how much more I am getting out of it when I take the time to dig deep and let God open it up for me. Pray that I continue to be intentional about spending quality and quantity time with Him every day.

Dios les bendiga!

Josh

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning brother,

Great to hear all is going well so far. Thanks for the affirmation about the position change, I am very excited about what God has planned. I am very excited about the missions leadership in the position also. I wantto make sure when the next time a student recieves the call from God, they know about the best missions program in the world as you have learned. I will coordinating all mission trips and hope to challenge our people in that area. Have a great day in our Lord and I will be writing again soon. Love you brother!
Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home