Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A few updates.

I have been extremely busy over the last two weeks, and haven't had very many opportunities to post. Fortunately, things are starting to settle down a bit. Friday will be my final day of work at Cinergy, and then I will be spending the next two weeks working on my condo, getting it ready to sell, and packing all of my things. I also plan to have a massive yard sale.

Update on the marathon training...on Saturday, I ran 22 miles. That is the furthest I have ever gone. I felt very strong, and I think I could have run the entire 26.2 had I needed to. I ran again last night, and didn't feel any ill effects from Saturday. I will be taking it a little easier over the next four weeks in preparation for the race on October 9th. I can't wait.

Update on leaving for the field...as I have already mentioned, this is my last week of work. On October 2nd, my church (Florence Baptist) is having a commissioning service for me. I am really looking forward to that night. I will be out of town most of the month of October, visiting friends and family that I am not going to see for a few years. I will then be leaving for missionary orientation at the end of October. I will be in Virginia until the middle of December. I will be spending Christmas in Kentucky, and then heading to Mexico right around New Years.

Update on email...I have a new email address that corresponds to this blog. The address is joshonamission@yahoo.com. After Friday I will not be receiving email from my Cinergy account, so please change my address to the new one. Thanks.

Update on technology...I went to Best Buy this weekend and walked out with half the store. Since I am turning in my company laptop at the end of the week, and the computer at my house thinks it's function is freezing in place (it is from 2000), I decided I needed a new computer (and a few other things). I ended up getting a new lap top (AMD Turion 64 processor - I'm pretty pumped about that), an HP printer/scanner/copier/fax, and a JVC 20GB hard-drive camcorder. I told you I went crazy in there. Seriously, I am really excited about how I am going to be able to use these tools in my ministry in Mexico, especially with the video editing software that I picked up. I will keep you updated on my progress with this stuff.

Update on church...this weekend kicks off a revival at my church (Florence Baptist). I am really excited about the things God is going to do during this time. Please pray for the lives that are going to be changed over the next week and a half. Also, my church has just agreed to sell our Christian Life Center, and this will help us begin the move to a new property that we have been waiting on for several years. When I return from Mexico, my church will hopefully be in a completely new and different place, with an expanded reach and ministry in the community.

Well, I need to get a few things finished. Dios les bendiga!

Josh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home