Friday, August 12, 2005

Big weekend.

As I prepare for the weekend, there are several things to be excited about. Tonight, my friend Matt, one of my best friends from college, is coming to town. We have been training for the Chicago Marathon on October 9th, and we will be doing a 19 mile training run in the morning. I can't wait until 6 a.m. so we can get started! Sunday is the fourth annual draft day for our fantasy football league. There will be nine football-crazed lunatics at my house at noon to pick their teams for the next season. I have swung a pretty good trade to move up to the #3 overall pick, and I am pretty confident in my strategy.

Aside from the fun I will be having this weekend with my friends, I pray that God shows me how to best honor him in my activities, and that I have many opportunities to witness to my buddies. I have been praying lately that I will stay focused each day, looking to turn every conversation into a chance to talk about Jesus.

I will also be trying to get some work done around my house this weekend. With missionary orientation rapidly approaching, I need to finish a few home improvement projects so I can sell my condo. I would really like to get all of the necessary financial transactions wrapped up ASAP, so I can prepare to leave without having to mess with money issues. I know that God will provide at the proper time, I just hope it is sooner, rather than later. I know, so typical. :o)

Well, I am going to go get something to eat. I am thinking pasta is a good option for tonight, considering the run I have coming up in the morning. I look forward to posting tomorrow and letting you know how it went. God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home