Thursday, September 01, 2005

It's official!

I am on my way to Monterrey! Yeah!

I received a letter today from the mission organization that I will be working through and it confirmed that I am cleared to serve in Mexico. I am pretty excited, thankful, and very blessed. I keep thinking of the lyrics of the Casting Crowns song "In Me." It says "How refreshing to know you don't need me. How amazing to find that you want me." That is how I feel, so blessed and amazed that God would want to use me as a missionary to carry His message to people in another country. Continuing the same song, "So I'll stand on your truth, and I'll fight with your strength, until you bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me."

I can't even express how awesome it is to know that I get to spend all of my time telling people about what Jesus has done for me. I have spent the majority of my life tyring to find significance and a purpose in so many things, and have come to realize that there is no significance and no purpose outside of Jesus Christ. I can't wait to go share that with people who are still searching. I am so blessed to be able to go onto the mission field with one purpose, to tell people about Jesus full-time, without the distractions and divided interests that I have lived with for so long. Thank you God!

Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this mission, and check back here often for updates, pictures, and to hear how God is working in my life and the lives of others.

Dios les bendiga!

6 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Hey Josh,
You are my hero...20 miles! That is awsome.
I am also excited you got your letter. I'll see you at orientation.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh -

All of us at Cinergy who got to know you are so very proud of you, and what you are doing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Tim,
Thanks for the kind words and for giving me the opportunity to work for Cinergy. I loved my three years there, and I made friends and memories that I will never forget. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Feel free to check back any time for updates on what I am doing.

Dios te bendiga! (That's "God Bless You" in Spanish)

Josh

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Jesse,

Thanks. I am glad to see someone of your caliber is reading my blog. I have truly reached the peak!

See you in October.

Josh

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo te amo!!

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Josh,
Just got off the phone with your Grandmother Bonnie and she is so proud of you. I am,too and will keep you in my daily prayers. Love you very much. Your cousin Elaine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home