Sunday, August 14, 2005

Great day!

Today was a great day. It started early, as Matt and I were up at 5:30 to start our 19 mile run. Despite feeling horrible on miles 16-18, we finished pretty strong. It was an excellent beginning to the day. After getting cleaned up, drinking gallons of water and Gatorade, and trying to stretch, we went to Perkin's to have some lunch. There is nothing like sitting down to French Toast after running for three and a half hours. Anyway, after lunch I took a well-deserved four hour nap. We then went to see my little neice and nephew, but Baby Neva was already in bed, and Baby Walton was in one of those "I don't know" moods, where he won't answer any questions or do anything to show off how smart he is. After visiting my parents, we went down to the Levee for dinner at Cafe Istanbul. It was my first time there and I love the food! The chicken kebabs are awesome! Anyway, Matt fell in love with our Polish waitress and decided he needs to move up here so he can go there for dinner more often. My old college roommate Jeff met us at the restaurant, and then we met up with Chris and went to see the movie Four Brothers. Despite a few cheesey scenes it was a pretty good movie. There was a lot of action, the characters were decently developed, and there were several unexpected twists. I enjoyed it, but not as much as Matt. The dude raved about the movie all night. After leaving the Levee we met Grimes and Jay at Cassidy's for some high-quality karaoke. You can't beat good karaoke! We closed the place down with God Bless the USA at about 2 a.m. Jeff had four lady-friends meet him there, and Grimes wife Amanda came by as well. It was a great ending to a really fun day. Oh wait, that's not the end. Thompson (Matt) and I came back to the house, and while I tried to clean the place up we watched a DVD on Ronald Reagan. I love that guy! By far the best president in recent memory. He makes today's politicians, Republican and Democrat, look like a bunch of chumps. Fair assessment. Anyway, I need to get some sleep so I am coherent for church in the morning. Also, the fantasy football draft is at noon, and I need to be at the top of my game. After the night he had tonight, we definitely don't need to worry about Jay being much of a factor. Well, off to bed. God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home