Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Week 5 - CPM part 2

I am now in my fifth week of training to go on the mission field. I have been meeting with regional leadership for the last two days, and I am learning a lot of things that relate specifically to what I will be doing in Mexico.

Last week I started to talk about church planting movements. The reason why CPMs are so effective at spreading the Gospel is that when churches are planted, the body of Christ is multiplied. New Christians are discipled based on obedience to the Bible, and they are taught to evangelize and disciple others. Basically, church planting results in the exponential increase of people being exposed to Jesus Christ, whereas traditional missionary methods only results in small numbers being added through the work of the missionary.

The number one ingredient in church planting is prayer, so I ask that you would be praying for the people of Mexico, and specifically for the students of Monterrey. Pray that God would be preparing their hearts and minds, and that he would raise up those on whom he will build his church in Monterrey.

On a side note, everyone around here is getting excited about the release of the Narnia movie on December 9th. I am going out to night to buy tickets for several dozen people who want to go on opening night. Any of you who know me know that I am also going to be at the midnight showing on Thursday. Aslan is on the move!

Dios les bendiga!

Josh

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh, great to hear of all the great things that are happening! The Kingdom is blessed to have you as a diplomat! I pray all will continue to be well!

Marc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home