Wednesday, March 14, 2007

NEVA FAITH!

Most men will never meet the most beautiful girl in the world, but I am among the few, the happy few. I have not only met her, but I have kissed her...and changed her dirty diapers. Hahaha. She is my precious neice, and today, March 14th, is her day. Neva Faith is now 3 years old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEVA! Feliz cumpleaƱos mi bellita!

Honestly, there are some days when it is easy to live in another country. The air is typically warm, the sun is normally bright, and my days are usually full of fun and purpose. Today is one of the days when it isn't easy. It's tough to be away on birthdays, especially the 3rd birthday of my little princess. I so wish I could be there to celebrate with you, Neva. I wish we could dance, and sing, and eat cake (your favorite). I would love to hug you and kiss you and do tick-tock. I can't stop thinking about your smile, your laugh, your sweet voice, and the joy of being around you. I keep watching a video of you, over and over again, laughing at your singing, and crying when you say, "I love you Shua."

Neva calls me Uncle Shua and that means a lot to me. I have lived in a foreign country for almost half of her life, and pretty much all of her speaking life. She has gotten to know me on the phone, and in pictures, and in little things I send back. I got to spend a week with her at Christmas and I loved every second of it. One day I was trying to take a nap and she kept crawling up on me and kissing my face to wake me up. I kept closing my eyes so she would do it again.

I miss you Neva. You are such a special blessing! I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and I can't wait to see you again. Shua has a bear here for you that Gigi and Grandaddy will give you soon. I keep hugging the bear and giving him kisses and he is going to give them to you for Shua when he gets to your house. Eat a piece of cake for me and know that I love you so very much! Jesus loves you too Neva! Have a wonderful birthday!

Uncle Shua

P.D. I have tried to post several pictures with this entry but the site is not letting me post pictures right now. I will get some shots up of the beautiful Neva as soon as possible.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

Happy Birthday from Peru

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Josh, I hope you're ok, man! Haven't posted in quite a while now, have you? Hope to hear from you via your blog soon.

Greetings from Poland,
Harry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home