Wednesday, March 07, 2007

They say it's your birthday

Today is my birthday. Happy birthday to me! I am getting old and feeling great! Thank you God!

This picture was taken two Saturdays ago on Pico Norte.



Birthdays always cause me to reflect on my life and I couldn't be more thankful for all God has given me. I am so blessed to be healthy and surrounded by so many people that I love and who love me. I have an awesome family, a great group of friends, and a job that I enjoy and that challenges me. I am living with joy and purpose and passion and you can't ask for much more than that. I am confident that this year is going to be the best I have ever lived. I ask that you join me in praying that Christ would be exalted and glorified in my life, and in the lives of those I am working with here in Monterrey.

Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life.
- Laird Hamilton

9 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Josh! How are things going in Monterrey? I'll see you in a couple weeks at CONAMIES!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

Happy Birthday dude. I sure do miss ya.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

Arnold, I really miss you guys as well. I am definitely thinking a "Peru trip" might need to be planned after my time here in Mexico.

Laura, things are going well here, just really busy. A volunteer group of 40 arrives on Saturday. I will see you in Q-town in a few weeks.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Felicidades!! Happy Birthday- a day late :) I hope you had a great day!! Each year should be better than the last :) Wishing you a great year!!

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday from KY :-)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Kelly @ Love Well said...

Feliz CumpleaƱos Josh! I'm a little late, but I can't think of a more appropriate time to delurk. My Dad, Galen Call, sent me a link to your blog sometime last year -- and I've been a faithful reader (and prayer ... prayerer ... you know what I mean) ever since. It's exciting to think the little Josh W. my brothers and sister and I used to play with during our summer visits to Kentucky is living on the edge with God. He is so amazing, isn't He? Way to go!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Madge said...

Happy Wonderful Birthday to you!!!
I love your birthday thanks...letting all of us know what a gracious God we have.
from your Friends in Sunny Germany
(notice I said sunny, not snowy,LOL)

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes. It is great to hear from all of you. I am now in full "volunteer group" mode. I have a group of 40 here this week and it is a little crazy. I have another group next week, so it may be a while before I have the opporunity to post again.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it almost tragic that even though you technically have a birthday, your brain doesn't seem to get the message and your maturity level continues to stay at that of a twelve year old.

=)

haven't talked to you in awhile kid...

andhappy birthday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home