Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Well it's February 14th again. At this time of year, most men are happy to have one speical woman in their life. I am blessed to have many. I would like to send my love to those I love the most, and wish them an awesome Valentine's Day.

First, my lovely sister. I couldn't decide who to put first, but the fact that she gave me one of her kidneys definitely moves her to the front of the line. She is a beautiful gal both inside and out. She has always been a great example to me, and she definitely knows what true love is, and how to show it. Thanks you sis. I love you!



Next, my wonderful mother. Mom has always gone the extra mile to show her kids how much she loves us. Her unselfishness and willingness to sacrifice for the benefit of others has served as a great example. She daily reaps the rewards of seeds of love she has sewn for decades. She is truly a woman worthy of praise. I am thankful for you Mom, and I love you!



I can't even describe what a blessing it is to be the uncle of Neva Faith. She is an little angel that always makes me smile, whether I am holding her or talking on the phone a thousand miles away. As she grows older she becomes even more precious, and I look forward to lots of great times with my little princess. I love you Baby Neva!



Finally, the woman who got this all started, my Grandma Bonnie. Gram Bon has always been my valentine, and has always loved me unconditionally. I am so thankful for her. I treasure all the memories we have made, and I pray that one day I can enjoy and love my grandchildren the way she does hers. I love you Gram Bon! Have a wonderful day!



I had a friend ask me last night what I was going to do to celebrate today. I finally figured out she wanted me to buy her a balloon. I told her Valentine's Day didn't mean a whole lot if you weren't in a relationship. I was wrong.

Valentine's Day does mean a lot. It is a reminder that we are loved, not just by other people, but by a God who loved us so much that he left heaven, came to be with us, and died so that we could be with Him. Today I am going to wear the only red shirt I have. On the front it says "SALVATION, established 33 A.D." That is what love is.

1 John 3:16 - "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." Lay down your life for someone today. Tell them what true love is. Better yet, show them.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Madge said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Josh!!!
You certainly are blessed to have so many lovely women in your life and what a wonderful blogcard you sent them, thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Josh! Long time no talk :-) I was just up in NKY today with my Valentine (b/c of all the snow we didn't get to see each other Wednesday) and went by the Applebee's you, Rich, and I hung out at. I told him about you crazy kids... Happy Valentine's Day (albeit late) to you too!

You're missing tons of snow here in the bluegrass, but I'm sure you're not really "missing" it :-) Have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home