Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Bob!

Today (actually yesterday by the time I get this posted) is the birthday of my brother-in-law Bob. Happy birthday Bob! I wish I could have been there today to celebrate with you.



The relationship I have with Bob is more like that of a brother than that of a brother-in-law. I am so blessed to have him as part of my family. When Bob first started dating my sister, Le, I had my doubts about him. However, over the years I have gotten to know him well and have grown to love him immensely.

Bob is a great friend and he and I have a great time together. He is always quick with a joke or funny line, and fortunately appreciates my sense of humor. We have made lots of great memories and have many stories we can tell, and others that should never be told.

Bob is a pretty smart guy, and a great realtor. If you need to buy or sell a home, he is the man to call. He is a whiz when it comes to fixing a car, remodeling a house, or cleaning up after a flood. He has every tool know to man, and more importantly, he actually knows how to use them. He has taught me a great deal and has always been there when I have needed a hand.

Bob is a great husband to my sister and a great father to my neice and nephews. He knows that love is a verb, and is a great example of how a man should care for his family. He is also a great Christian, and has a heart for seeing people come to know Jesus. I have come to look up to him and the way he serves in the church and the community.

The picture below is Bob with baby Graham, who just had his first birthday a few weeks ago.



When I left Kentucky to move to Mexico, one of the hardest things was leaving my sister and my neice and nephews behind. It was so reassuring to know that Bob was there, loving them, teaching them, and being a great father, husband, and example of God's love.

Bob, I am thankful for you and all that you mean to me and my family. Congratulations on 35 great years! I have been blessed to have you as a friend and brother for the last ten years, and I look forward to all the great things we will experience together in the future. May God continue to richly bless you and your home. I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home