Sunday, March 05, 2006

My campus.

As I sit here typing away, I can look out my window and see the campus of Monterrey Tec. It's really a pretty place, with it's cool modern architecture and crazy abstract sculpture on the front of the administration building. I was sitting at a picnic table on campus Friday, doing a little reading and writing when I heard something moving quickly behind me. I turned around and found a peacock standing there. The funny thing is, this is not unusual. This campus is inhabited by several peacocks, a bunch of ducks, and at least two deer. All of the animals just walk around like they own the place. The students leave them alone (some are so used to seeing the animals that they don't even look up when a peacock spreads its beautiful feathers right in front of them) and the animals leave the students alone, for the most part. It is kind of like the crazy squirrels at UK, except I haven't seen a duck steal anyone's homework yet. Anyway, I really enjoy having the animals around, so I took some pictures and thought I would share. I am going to try and get a better shot of the peacocks, as there is a place where I always see about 5 or 6 of them hanging out in the afternoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home