Thursday, May 18, 2006

Get ready for more

I have just about recovered from this past weekend, so I am now going to attempt to write about it. I warn you, this was definitely one of the craziest weekends I have ever experienced, which is saying a lot. I hope that I can effectively relate all of the things that happened to make it so wild and wonderful.

Things started off pretty normal, with my friend Nolan arriving from Querétaro on Friday morning at about 7 a.m. We hung out most of the day and in the afternoon went to the recreation center and played sand volleyball with a bunch of people from France. That was pretty fun until a bunch of Canadians showed up and basically took over the court by shear numbers, although they could never beat us. From there we moved on to the basketball courts, where we had a few lackluster games before some good players showed up and we started having a lot of fun. We played three on three with two Mexican guys, a German, and a guy from Norway. Several more Mexicans showed up, and we ended up having a great five on five game that lasted over an hour. Nolan and I, along with the German, Norwegian, and one other Mexican, played excellent team basketball and ended up beating our much bigger opponents pretty badly. It was definitely the best pick-up basketball I have seen in Mexico, and was the best game I have been a part of in probably 5 years.

After hooping it up until about 9:30, we got cleaned up and enjoyed an excellent meal from Paco’s Tacos with my friends Ramiro and Israel. Paco’s is right next to a juice stand called La Michoacana, and they have the best flavored waters I have ever tasted. I am hooked on the Strawberry – Piña Colada mix. After eating and hanging out for a while, Nolan and I headed to Wal-Mart a little before midnight. I bought some computer speakers, an air pump for my soccer ball, and a couple bags of candy. I will explain the reason for the candy in my next post. After the great and eventful day, we went home and looked at old pictures of previous trip and then got a few hours of sleep to prepare for Saturday.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger BeeJ said...

I love basketball.... I love mexicans..... I am part german..... Gosh you get to do everything fun.... I had to take test... that was exciting....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home