Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I am sitting here in my apartment watching The Passion and thinking about what Jesus did for all of us. There are no words to express my unworthiness. I feel like Peter after the rooster crowed. What perfect love He has for me! We always see Judas as such a villian, but how many of us have sold Jesus out for far less than thirty pieces of silver. The word "amazing" does not do justice to His grace.

I have been reading the different Easter accounts in the Gospels today, but the passage of scripture that has gripped me the most is Isaiah 53:5 - "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." What a beautiful picture! There are so many emotions I feel as I watch The Passion and think about Christ's suffering and sacrifice. However, I can't help but to rejoice in the peace and healing that he has brought to my life.

I pray that we would all take time to consider who Jesus is and what he has done for us, not just on Easter weekend, but every day. He is the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6) He came so that we could have life, and have it abundantly. (John 10:10) His love for us sent him to the cross. His death paid the price for our sin. His resurrection empowers us to live as new creations.

My favorite line from the movie comes when Jesus in carrying his cross to Golgotha. He falls and his mother is there beside him. He looks at her and says, "I make all things new." He has made me new. He can make you new as well. Allow him to change your life. Jesus offers forgiveness and healing of the past, fullness and joy in the present, and hope and a purpose for the future.

In John 17:3 Jesus said, "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." Have a wonderful Easter weekend. He is risen!

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Josh,
We think of you often and jst wanted to say "Hi" and to let you know we love you and constantly have you in our prayers.
God Bless You.
Bill & Elaine Ross

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

We invited Erika over and watched the Passion last night as well.

God bless you bud.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Ben & Christine Haley said...

a great word....God bless you and your work in Mexico.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger legge's said...

thanks for the 'heads up' post, TODAY...
feeling rather dried up here and ft.worth, so ready to be back in saltillo. but needed the reminder of WHO i am and WHO he is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home